Software Engineer - Infrastructure
About the role
We are hiring Infrastructure Engineers to join our team. This is an opportunity to join us in-person as an early employee and make a large impact at a high growth start-up. You will tackle challenging engineering problems with a high degree of autonomy and ownership.
We are looking for a software engineer with a strong background in infrastructure engineering. At Chalk we are solving problems drawn from the fields of DBMS query planning & optimization, compilers, and distributed analytical data processing systems.
Chalk uses dynamic and static analysis of Python programs in order to optimize arbitrary user Python code, infers and orchestrates infrastructure implied by the structure of that code, and tracks metadata about flow of data through these systems.
What you will do
- Write code to automate orchestration and provisioning of infrastructure to execute Chalk technology for Chalk customers and prospects.
- Build a platform for managing our hosted platform, and for managing the deployment of Chalk into customer-owned cloud accounts across AWS and GCP
- Work closely with our Engineering and Sales teams
- Help interview and grow the Engineering team
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience writing software to automate infrastructure management
- Proficient in Python, Go, and/or Terraform
- Experienced in working with with AWS and/or GCP
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience working closely with sales teams and customers is a plus.
- Previous experience working with ML/data products or services
- Have experience setting up hosted cloud resources for multiple companies
- Understanding of Machine Learning Ops/Infrastructure
Chalk is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and provide reasonable accommodations to anyone in need of individualized support.