Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester
- Position: Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester
- Salary: Up to £30,000 (Depending on experience and qualification level)
- Location: 821 Tyburn Rd, Birmingham B24 9NY
- Hours: 42 Hours p/week - 5 days out of 7 MON - SUN *ROTA
*** A valid MOT licence is required to be considered for this opportunity ***
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for an exceptional MOT Service Specialist to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The MOT Service Specialist will be responsible for carrying out class 4 MOT testing to VOSA standards, as well as carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing vehicle components, and identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing vehicle components.
- Identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Carrying out Vehicle Health Checks and basic diagnostics.
- Carrying out class 4 MOT testing to VOSA standards.
We’re looking for some with:
- Previous: Mechanic, Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, or MOT Testing experience.
- Garage management systems including VHC & Inspection Programmes.
- Qualified to at least NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 (or equivalent).
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience.
- A current MOT licence is essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Wherever you work at Cazoo, you’ll have what you need to be at your best. Our rewards, benefits, and initiatives have been created so you can make a big impact on your career, your colleagues, our customers and the communities we are a part of.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including a bonus scheme and up to 33 days' holiday plus an extra day for your birthday!. At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary-matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness coverage.