Financial Reporting Manager
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join Cazoo as a Financial Reporting Manager, helping to build the UK’s best car buying experience.
You'll be working as part of our Finance team in London, reporting into our Head of Financial Reporting. You will be responsible for supporting the external financial reporting requirements of the business, ensuring accurate application of IFRS throughout the business and providing technical accounting to the finance team and business partners.
The role requires somebody with an expert knowledge of IFRS and excellent communication skills to be able to convey complex accounting concepts. The role will work closely alongside the wider finance team and business partners to understand and report the results of the business and to ensure compliance with all financial reporting obligations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing Group financial information for external stakeholders
- Ensuring all statutory filings are completed accurately and on time, including relevant SEC filings as a US listed Foreign Private Issuer
- Monthly consolidation of the Group's individual subsidiaries
- Supporting the Management Accounts process at month end, reviewing the balance sheet of each subsidiary, reviewing specific account lines such as PPE and intangible assets, and preparing the cash flow statement
- Providing technical accounting advice to the Finance team and throughout the business
- Preparing the disclosures for the half year and full year accounts, including technical notes such as financial instruments
- Drafting and implementing accounting policies for complex financial items
- Supporting the operation of SOX level controls over the financial close process and financial reporting
- Supporting the Group’s external audit process
- Other ad-hoc projects
Key skills and experience required:
- A chartered accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Professionally qualified for at least two years of post qualification experience
- Expert IFRS and technical accounting knowledge
- Experience in financial reporting in a listed environment (US/SEC environment preferable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience and confidence working with data
- A resourceful problem solver who loves a challenge and can work under pressure, with excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to adapt quickly
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing environment
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.