Automotive Training & Development Specialist - Mechanical
The Training and Development Specialist - Mechanical will develop and deliver an all-encompassing best in class mechanical training service to our People. Working as part of a team to drive excellence across key areas of the business within a high volume, high demand function.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver training across Cazoo to support technical and mechanical knowledge and skills.
- Carry out skills audits on the mechanical teams in Cazoo to ensure standards and processes are being maintained.
- Support consistency across Cazoo and ensure that our technicians are fully trained and aware of equipment capabilities, processes and standards.
- Develop innovative and creative solutions for training that evolve from current technical data, post-sales insight and new initiatives.
- Working closely with all members of the LD and People team to ensure we have a joined up approach.
- Reporting on training effectiveness and using OKR’s to create constant improvement.
- Align with key stakeholders to ensure clear and consistent messaging for our People.
- Support all Apprentices and Trainees with their programmes, acting as either a mentor or coach where required.
- Designing and delivering skills frameworks for all applicable roles.
- Support the TA team with skills testing for new positions.
- Designing, writing and delivering material suitable for multiple audiences and venues.
- Liaise with training suppliers, establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Ensure all training is completed in a compliant Health Safety manner and ISO.
- Travel to sites across the UK regularly with overnight stays where needed.
- Work on the implementation of new equipment in all sites.
Required skills and experience:
- Facilitate and drive key projects to completion.
- Keep the business updated with current and future legislation.
- Ability to deliver training to either groups or one to one with proven experience.
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency skill gaps.
- Organise/develop training programs to meet specific training needs.
- Facilitate and drive key mechanical projects to completion.
- Work with all the sites to support innovation in Product changes.
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks.
- Ability to support with and design material for non-technical staff that increases their knowledge, impacting on an improved customer experience.
- Map out skills frameworks for individual employees.
- Filming and editing skills for the creation of training films an advantage
Wherever you work at Cazoo, you’ll have what you need to be at your best. Our rewards, benefits, and initiatives have been created so you can make a big impact on your career, your colleagues, our customers and the communities we are a part of.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
Something looks off?