Junior Credit Control / Accounts Receivable Assistant (6 month FTC)
About Cazoo and our culture:
In just four years, we’ve transformed the car buying experience in the UK and we’re seeking the best talent to help us move forward in our journey.
Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Right now, we are looking for people who want to maximise their impact – for their careers, colleagues and our customers. We're looking for someone who wants to learn with the best, take the initiative and love the challenge of working in a constantly evolving organisation. You will also be driven to make a positive impact on others and want to be part of building a strong community at work.
Reporting to (title): Accounts Receivable Manager.
Location:Cazoo Head Office, Central London (Hybrid)
Working pattern: Full Time - 6 month FTC
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join Cazoo’s Subscriptions team as a Credit Control Assistant in London.
You'll be working as part of our Finance team reporting to our Accounts Receivable Manager. As a Credit Control Assistant you will be working collaboratively as part of a team managing the company's exposure to delinquent debts.
The right mindset and can-do attitude are critical in our consumer obsessed, dynamic, entrepreneurial, data driven, collaborative start-up, with a huge ambition to revolutionise car ownership in the UK.
What you will be doing:
- Making contact with customers whose payment is overdue and explaining their terms of credit – this requires excellent communications skills
- Working with dashboards
- Helping us identify future risks
- Using internal systems and processes to keep track of the customer journey and action accordingly
- Working closely with other teams to better understand each customer's profile
- Working to adaptive KPIs
- Updating trackers and responding back to customer’s in a timely manner
- To be held accountable for the collections inbox and work efficiently through it to ensure customers get a swift response
We're looking for someone with:
- Previous Credit Control Experience.
- The confidence to handle difficult conversations.
- Excellent Excel or Google Sheets skills.
- A self-starter with a can do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator.
- A team player unafraid of getting involved in various projects.
- Strong analytical skills and with the ability to convey financial information simply and coherently.
- Critical thinking skills.
- A customer first mindset.
- A resourceful problem solver who loves a challenge and can work under pressure.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Preferably you'll have some payments-specific experience or a customer service background.
- System experience Zendesk, Netsuite and Stripe Would be great, but fully training will be provided.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Something looks off?