Platform Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars
We believe everyone deserves to feel total confidence when buying a car. That’s why we’re building a new service which is simple, transparent and doesn’t end when you buy the car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today.
Our team has an incredible track record of building successful consumer platforms, our model has been proven in other geographic locations, and the huge used car market in the UK is ready for a new approach. We want to deliver a trusted brand, frictionless service, and a convenient platform for our customers that becomes the go-to destination for all used car purchases in the UK.
Our Tech Stack:
Across our systems, we make use of Event-Driven Architecture and TypeScript. Our infrastructure is primarily serverless and we make use of various serverless technologies like Lambda, EventBridge, S3, and DynamoDB.
We use a multitude of DevOps tools and we are a very experiment-driven tech team. For IaC we primarily use Terraform and the Serverless Framework. We use GitHub Actions for CI/CD. For observability and monitoring, we use Honeycomb Datadog. We use Cloudflare for internal access control, DNS, routing, and edge computing.
About the role:
The Platform Engineering Team currently consists of 2 teams:
- Cloud Engineering
- Developer Experience (consisting of 3 areas: DevX, web platform, and SRE)
We are looking to bolster our Cloud Engineering team with a Platform Engineer who has a real passion for AWS and architecture standards, and for delivering high-quality technical outcomes as part of a team.
We value simplicity over complexity and aim to reduce any undifferentiated heavy lifting so that product engineering teams can easily adopt tooling and standards giving them the autonomy to focus on innovating and delivering the best car buying experience to our customers.
Working with the rest of Platform Engineering, we want to define and deliver a paved road strategy for Cazoo tech. As a Platform Engineer on the Cloud Engineering team, you will play a part in spotting gaps in our offerings and contributing to the roadmap of a team of passionate engineers.
In addition, you’ll work closely with the product engineering teams to help provide a world-class platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering high-quality engineering outcomes in the Cloud Engineering team
- Contributing to the Cloud Engineering roadmap
- Collaborating with stakeholders (e.g Principal Engineers, Quality Engineers) and working alongside the Product Manager for Platform Engineering on user research and stakeholder forums
- Collaborating with Platform Engineering and Product teams to foster and scale our DevSecOps mindset
- Contributing to spotting opportunities to enhance our Cloud Engineering offerings
- Raising gaps within the team in the drive towards engineering excellence
- Supporting your team by being self-organising, pragmatic and collaborative
- Experience with the core AWS services and AWS serverless services
- From an engineering background, familiar with any modern programming language (e.g. Python or Node.js), and an awareness of TDD
- Understanding of the DevSecOps culture and experience of delivering technical outcomes within this culture
- Knowledge and comfortable with agile development practices
- Nice to have: Experience in scaling a ‘paved road’ type strategy through evangelism and advocacy eg. community of practices, platform champions
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
Following an initial screening with our Talent Acquisition team, the interview will be conducted over 3 stages, each being a remote video call using Google Meet:
- A paired programming exercise –demonstrating your paired programming abilities (90 mins)
- Technical Knowledge, QA (60 mins)
- Culture and Values interview (60 mins)
Following this, we will give you a decision – and hopefully an offer – normally within 24 hours.
Something looks off?