Community Experience Associate
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Catalant has reinvented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world-class independent consultants, on demand, through our technology platform. Fortune 1000 enterprises, PE firms and their portfolio companies, and consulting firms partner with Catalant to find experienced independent consultants to solve complex business problems.
With backing from some of the world's top venture capital firms, we continue to bolster our industry-leading platform by growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter to join our team as a Community Experience Associate. In this multifaceted role, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer support to our community (both clients and consultants) while also partnering with consultants to bolster their success and helping curate a pool of high-caliber consultants for our clients. The position is designed to be a balanced combination of Support and Expert Success responsibilities. You will be charged with validating, onboarding, and ensuring the success of sophisticated senior-level experts and boutique consulting firms in the Catalant marketplace as well as providing day-to-day support for clients and consultants, helping to answer questions, triage issues and add productivity to the business. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, combine strategic thinking with scrappy start-up execution, and are seeking a role with diversified exposure and responsibilities , then this opportunity is a great fit for you!
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You'll Do:
- Expert Success (50%):
- Work with the team responsible for promoting the success of 80,000+ independent management consultants and specialized consulting firms.
- Review and evaluate newly signed-up experts to determine readiness and fit for the Catalant marketplace.
- Establish trust-based relationships with newly signed-up & established experts to coach them on competitively marketing their experience, commercializing their services, and going to market during one-on-one onboarding calls.
- Provide ongoing advisory services to experts on an as-needed, as-requested basis.
- Help create content and communications for helping our Experts stay informed, navigate, and succeed on the platform.
- Support Catalant team members in identifying and recommending the best possible candidates for marketplace opportunities.
- Support expert community development efforts both online and, when possible, in person.
- Develop a deep understanding of the independent consulting business model and anticipate market needs and product opportunities before they surface.
- Work with Community Experience leadership to support various cross-functional, strategic projects and tactics to drive company goals Community
- Support (50%):
- Effectively resolve customer (both Experts and clients) queries in a considerate, accurate, and timely manner.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team, including Product, Legal, and Finance.
- Provide targeted customer support at pivotal points in the Expert Marketplace customer life cycle, leveraging thoughtful, personalized communication through email and live chat.
- Partner with leadership to spearhead cross-functional workstreams, embedding Customer Support as a critical component of the Catalant go-to-market strategy, and helping the function scale and mature with Catalant’s business.
- Identify and implement support process improvements throughout the support request life cycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of Catalant’s product offering to anticipate customer needs and problems before they surface.
- Proactively surface customer feedback and highlight improvement opportunities to inform Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience initiatives.
What You'll Bring:
- 1-2 years of Customer Support experience, especially in an enterprise-focused role at a B2B technology company or marketplace platform company.
- The ability to smoothly transition between different job responsibilities throughout each workday.
- Proven ability to successfully work with a diverse array of stakeholders and expectations.
- A service-oriented approach that balances the needs of our experts, our clients, and our company
- The ability to identify, diagnose, communicate and resolve customer requests quickly and efficiently, including reaching out to subject matter experts when necessary.
- Ample curiosity to dig in and solve problems with proactive, creative thinking.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver polished presentations, copy writing and other materials as neededAbility to build effective, cross-functional professional relationships.
- Self-motivation and an ability to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
- While experience working with independent consultants or in marketplace organizations is not required, the ideal candidate will have a keen interest in both of these areas.
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!