Clinical Content Writing Co-op Summer/ Fall 2024 (Boston, MA, Hybrid)
At Casana, we are committed to improving health outcomes through education, advocacy, and research. We are seeking a motivated and skilled Clinical Content Writing Co-op to support our Chief Medical Officer. This role is ideal for candidates with a background in healthcare or public health who are passionate about using their research and writing skills to make a difference. This position is full time for 6 months and based in Boston, MA. You must be able to work 40 hours per week during this timeframe. Compensation for this position is $23.00 per hour.
- Develop engaging, accurate, and informative content on healthcare and public health topics for our website, blog, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Assist in the research and development of content strategies to increase public awareness on health issues and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Support Casana’s Chief Medical Officer to build Casana’s brand content in health monitoring and healthy aging in place.
- Collaborate closely with Casana’s Chief Medical Officer and Founder / Chief Scientific Officer, to ensure content accuracy and reliability.
- Help translate complex health information into easy-to-understand language for a broad audience.
- Support the team in monitoring healthcare, public health, and digital health trends and news to identify content opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of digital health campaigns, including drafting campaign messages and promotional materials.
- Support the development of pilot research proposals and protocols that support Casana’s initial market offerings
- Assist in analyzing the impact of content through metrics and feedback, and suggest improvements based on findings.
- Support Casana’s Chief Medical Officer and Founder / Chief Scientific Officer in writing and editing publications that summarize Casana clinical findings.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a degree program in Public Health, Healthcare, or a related field.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce clear, compelling, and accurate content.
- A keen interest in public health, wellness, digital health, and healthcare trends.
- Ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources, including primary medical literature.
- Familiarity with SEO principles and social media platforms is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace. Experience with content management systems is a bonus.
- Gain hands-on experience in content creation within the digital health sector.
- Work closely with professionals in the field of public health and content marketing, including Casana’s Chief Medical Officer and Founder / Chief Scientific Officer.
- Enhance research, writing, and digital marketing skills.
- Develop skills in research proposal writing, IRB submissions, and ethical human subjects research.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your interest and qualifications for the position, and two writing samples related to public health or healthcare. Please attach the writing samples to the cover letter for attachment purposes.
Casana is revolutionizing home healthcare by creating clinical-grade technology that unobtrusively checks a person’s health. Backed by a top-ranked VC and led by a CEO who founded and led a tech unicorn to a successful IPO, Casana is designing and building the home-health platform of the future. We are seeking bright, driven candidates to join our team.
Casana creates technologies that enable healthcare in the home. Casana has created a toilet seat-based cardiovascular monitoring system that is self-contained, cloud-connected, and installs directly on a standard toilet. The Heart Seat® requires no user behavior change and is capable of capturing multiple key clinically relevant measurements, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation and cardiac output.
Casana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.