Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying machine learning models and algorithms that enable our medical and wellness devices. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of machine learning techniques, strong programming skills, and experience working with large datasets. The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will work closely with cross-functional teams including product management, software engineering, and clinical to deliver high-quality machine learning solutions.
What You Will Do
- Develop, test, and deploy machine learning models and algorithms
- Collaborate with product management, software engineering, and clinical teams to understand customer requirements and translate them into machine learning solutions
- Design and implement data processing pipelines for large-scale datasets
- Research and implement new machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Conduct experiments and perform statistical analysis to evaluate model performance
- Optimize model performance and scalability for deployment in production environments
- Work closely with software engineering teams to integrate machine learning models into our products
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, and contribute to the development of best practices for machine learning engineering
- Other responsibilities as needed
What We Require
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning engineering, device signals/sensors algorithm development, or related fields
- Experience applying data preprocessing, feature engineering, and model selection to time-series signals
- Strong programming skills in Python and familiarity with relevant machine learning libraries such as Sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
What You Need to Succeed
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, remote, and multi-functional team. What we get done today affects the future greatly. Patients are waiting.
- Place a high value on quality and attention to detail
- Curiosity and a passion to root out the answers to difficult questions.
- A team-oriented mindset. Our business model requires collaboration and cross-functional partnerships.
Casana is innovating healthcare delivery with a smart toilet seat that enables effortless, integrated, and consistent in-home health monitoring. The FDA cleared The Heart Seat® captures heart rate and blood oxygenation. The healthcare system has been searching for this actionable intelligence for decades, and it turns out, we were sitting on a great idea all along.
The Heart Seat will become commercially available upon future clearance of non-invasive pressure.
Base salary range of [$160k to $190k per year]. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. Our compensation consists of base salary and equity as well as a generous benefits package.
Casana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.