Industrial Engineering Co-Op Fall 2024 (Rochester, NY)
Are you an early career engineer looking for an exciting co-op opportunity in the healthcare industry, working on technology that can have a positive impact for millions of people? Do you love to face difficult problems head on, and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, we would love to speak with you about a Full Time Fall 2024 co-op opportunity at Casana, starting in late August/ early September 2024.
We are looking for an entry level engineer to support advanced development of a unique cardiovascular monitoring system, and early-stage R&D for future IoT medical devices. Your efforts will help us revolutionize home health care with products that are clinically validated, optimize the efforts of clinicians managing patients with chronic disease, and meet FDA regulatory requirements. You must be a hands-on team player with strong technical skills, have exceptional attention to detail, be passionate about technology innovation, and be determined to stretch and expand your abilities. This position is full time for the Fall 2024 Semester and based in Rochester, NY. You must be able to work 40 hours per week in our Rochester office during this timeframe. Compensation for this position is $23.00 per hour.
- Utilize engineering principles to support and evaluate current manufacturing operations and practices and identify those needing improvement.
- Oversee production schedules and coordinate efforts to maximize productivity.
- Create, review, and execute production and supply management procedures and work instructions.
- Create design layouts for equipment, material, and production workflows.
- Create and maintain tool and fixture equipment part numbers and maintain records for tracking.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
- A 3rd, 4th, or 5th year student, currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial engineering or related
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to translate theory to practice.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in calculations, hands-on experimentation, and documentation.
Casana is revolutionizing home healthcare by creating clinical-grade technology that unobtrusively checks a person’s health. Backed by a top-ranked VC and led by a CEO who founded and led a tech unicorn to a successful IPO, Casana is designing and building the home-health platform of the future. We are seeking bright, driven candidates to join our team.
Casana creates technologies that enable healthcare in the home. Casana has created a toilet seat-based cardiovascular monitoring system that is self-contained, cloud-connected, and installs directly on a standard toilet. The Heart Seat® requires no user behavior change and is capable of capturing multiple key clinically relevant measurements, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation and cardiac output.