Product Marketing Manager
Join Cartwheel to help tackle the student mental health crisis.
Kids spend most of their days in the classroom. And teachers and staff, who play a vital role in their development, are often the first to notice when something is off. But with 1 in 5 young people struggling with mental health, schools are getting crushed by a downward spiral in student crises and staff burnout.
With large increases in federal funding for schools and the rise of telehealth, schools are reimagining what mental health support can look like.
Cartwheel is an early-stage startup building technology-enabled mental health services that put schools at the center. We see our role as supporting on-campus counselors, psychologists, and school social workers who see kids every day. Instead of going around them, we collaborate with them. This means:
- Earlier intervention
- Higher student and family engagement in care
- Better coordination among the trusted adults in a student’s life
Kids shouldn't just aspire to get out of bed and drag themselves to class. They should be able to experience joy. They deserve to envision and build a life they’re excited to live. If you join Cartwheel, you’ll help make this vision a reality for millions of students across the country. We’re backed by top investors including General Catalyst, BoxGroup, and Able Partners, and we're looking for scrappy, mission-driven teammates to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Since our founding last spring, we’ve grown to serve more than a dozen school districts in our home state of Massachusetts, providing care to hundreds of students and families. This upcoming school year, we’ll be working with several dozen districts across 3-5 states, providing care to thousands of students and families.
As Product Marketing Manager, your mission will be to own the go to market motion for Cartwheel’s first proprietary experiences as we scale from a pilot program in Massachusetts to a national program serving hundreds of school districts and millions of students. In doing so, you’d lay the foundation for Cartwheel to become the leading partner for schools nationwide in tackling the student mental health crisis.
WHO YOU ARE
- Excellent storyteller with a knack for communicating with non-technical audiences
- Unshakable desire to work at a rapidly-growing seed stage company
- Highly independent, enjoy working on small scrappy teams and delivering impact quickly
- Energetic, optimistic, resilient, and empathetic
- 2+ years of experience in product marketing or similar role
- Literacy of mental health, child psychology, and/or health tech a major plus
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese also a major plus
The above is a summary of the role, not an exhaustive list. If you think that you have most of the above but not everything, please apply. We'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Design and lead our go-to-market strategy for new products and features that schools will use to collaborate with Cartwheel. Generate top of funnel growth through member marketing to school staff and families including Cartwheel Connect programing. Cartwheel Connect includes a suite of professional development, prevention programming, and skill-building workshops we deliver to school staff and families.
- Develop and drive the go-to-market strategy for Cartwheel’s new school experience
- Facilitate Cartwheel Connect programming from schools and families to increase awareness of Cartwheel’s services and benefits
- Lead enablement strategy for the sales team to ensure they understand the features and benefits of the Cartwheel experience for schools
- Create the content strategy and deliver a drumbeat of high-impact content, including Cartwheel Connect marketing, product overview documents, sales toolkits, and product demos
- Design and deliver targeted growth marketing campaigns to increase school referrals
- Conduct market research to understand school, family, and student needs
Please apply even if you don't meet all of the criteria – we’d still love to hear from you. You may be a great fit!
LOCATION: Remote with quarterly in-person team retreats and co-locating as needed in Boston or NYC, especially as we get to know each other.
START DATE: ASAP
COMPENSATION: You’ll join a team of mission-driven colleagues who will respect, empower, and go to bat for you. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Head of Product. Based on candidate experience, the expected cash compensation is $90,000-$110,000, plus equity, generous health insurance, 3 weeks of PTO, and additional paid sick time.
Cartwheel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives and an inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Something looks off?