Automotive Vehicle Buyer
Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Backed by the latest technology and a state of the art automotive reconditioning facility, Carma makes buying pre-loved cars a seamless, hassle-free experience. From our reconditioning standards to delivery and customer support, our customers are really at the heart of everything we do.
About The Role
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Automotive Buyer to work across the Central Coast, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter region to manage the end-to-end purchasing of vehicles. This role will be predominantly on the road inspecting, negotiating and buying vehicles.
- Take ownership of the vehicle purchasing within your region, across a number of different avenues including auctions, private sales and wholesalers
- Develop ongoing working relationships with different providers to optimise buying opportunities
- Maintain and update all buying related systems ensuring accuracy at all times
- Work closely with inspectors, coordinators and other members of the buying team
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all sellers
- Partner with key business stakeholders to help increase Carma’s purchasing capabilities
- Minimum of 3 years experience in automotive buying, ideally with exposure to a number of different avenues including dealership, auction and private sales
- Comfortable in a highly autonomous role, taking initiative on all purchasing requirements
- Strong negotiation & communication skills
- Deep understanding of the features and valuations of multiple vehicle makes and models
- Comfortable working outside of normal business hours as required
- Technologically savvy and comfortable picking up new systems
- Current NSW driver's Licence
This is a remote position, based in the Newcastle, Maitland, Hunter Valley, or surrounding areas, with occasional travel to Sydney.
Working at Carma
- Career progression: Genuine opportunities to grow with us as we expand
- Culture: Lots of social events and well-being support 24/7 with Sonder
- Stability: We had record break-seed funding to change the used car industry long-term in Australia!
At Carma, we are committed to enhancing our amazing culture, and ensuring every Carma employee can bring their best self to work! We embrace diversity and inclusion, are committed to safe work practices and make sure that we have support for all people to grow and develop with us. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.