Automotive Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Backed by the latest technology and a state of the art automotive reconditioning facility, Carma makes buying pre-loved cars a seamless, hassle free experience. From our reconditioning standards, through to delivery and customer support, our customers are really at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role;
We’re looking for an Automotive Technician or Service Advisor who is looking to move away from the tools or the workshop - and join our Customer Service Team at Carma! Using your technical knowledge and experience, you’ll be the point of contact for all customers after sale - if they have any car related questions, issues or damages to raise - you’ll be creatively problem solving to ensure every Carma customer has an incredible experience with us!
- Answer questions and solve any problem customers might have after their car has been delivered (this might range from how to use Apple Car Play, through to problem solving the weird sound their brakes are making)
- Creatively problem solve issues that can be solved over the phone or email with the customer
- Coordinate with the Workshop or Paint/ Panel team for any damages or issues that need to be repaired
- Liaise with customers’ who want to return their car, supporting with the logistics to get that picked up and organised
- Act as a subject matter expert for the sales and customer service team - no car question should be too big or too small for you!
- Update all the relevant systems and databases with accurate notes and information
- Previous experience as an Automotive Technician (you don’t need a current tradesperson certificate though!)
- Great car knowledge - across different makes and models
- Tech savvy and comfortable working across a few systems at once
- Resourceful - if there’s something you don’t know, you’re good at knowing where to look to find an answer
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills - you’re always 2 steps ahead!
- A valid NSW driving license
Working at Carma;
- Employee discounts on Carma cars, car parts and NRMA breakdown cover!
- Great work life balance - enjoy your time away from the tools with consistent working hours and no weekend work!
- Great company culture - we love a social event, from team breakfasts, to end of month drinks or milestone celebrations, we'll celebrate all the wins!
Please note this position is based in our office in Alexandria, Sydney with flexibility to work one day from home per week
At Carma, we are committed to enhancing our amazing culture, and ensure every Carma employee can bring their best self to work! We embrace diversity and inclusion, are committed to safe work practices and make sure that we have support for all people to grow and develop with us. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.