Power Platform Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
As Carma is full speed into its mission to disrupt the way Australians are buying used cars, we are investing in our foundation to stay lean and efficient as a business. We’ve designed a powerful and fully integrated technology platform leveraging D365 to automate our Carma cars lifecycle from buying, and reconditioning to our e-commerce storefront.
We’re looking for a curious D365 Engineer to join our technology team. This role will play at the intersection of the PowerPlatform ecosystem and our in-house microservices-led middleware to develop new end-to-end capabilities that support Carma to reach new heights.
- Develop new capabilities:
- Support the platform and our users:
- Grow, learn, and return:
- Collect our user's requirements and translate them into fit-for-purpose technical solutions in adherence with our overall solution architecture approach and implementation standards
- Develop new features in Customer Service and Field Service using Canvas App, Plugins, CloudFlows with a high level of attention to quality
- Develop a powerful end-to-end data journey in our middleware that connects Dynamics with our e-commerce platform using C# and leveraging our cutting-edge Cloud infrastructure and devops stack
- Test your work thoroughly in regard to the functional and non-functional acceptance criteria using automation when applicable
- Stay on top of our Slack support channels and assist our users with their questions about the platform
- Diagnose, communicate and remediate production issues and bugs as they occur or get prioritised
- Help set up new user devices and assist them in getting on-boarded into the platform
- Build relationships with our Carma Tech community to deeply understand their needs and problems
- Working in cross-functional teams you participate actively in team ceremonies by bringing fresh ideas and perspective, giving
feedback and keeping a positive and pragmatic approach
- Interact with your engineer peers respectfully, review their code/work thoroughly and suggest improvements when required, and take their feedback on your code as opportunities to grow in your role
- As a member of a rich engineering community at Carma you have the opportunity to learn laterally new technologies (Cloud engineering, Microservices architecture, Devops patterns, Observability, Data & Analytics) and continuously look at more of the Carma stack
- Embrace our engineering culture where every problem is everyone’s problem by striving to solve issues by yourself more than throwing the problem over the fence
- Take every opportunity you have to share your expertise with the broader team
- 2+ years of industry experience in building and supporting professional solutions at scale
- Experience in the Dynamics ecosystem or a strong desire to immerse into that space
- Good engineering culture and taste for automating tasks using build, testing, and promotion pipeline
- Computer Science education preferred
- Unapologetically curious and relentlessly seeking to learn new things
- Self-starter with a high sense of accountability and autonomy
Working at Carma
- Amazing Facilities: state-of-the-art HQ in Alexandria, featuring free parking onsite!
- Sweet & Savory Perks: Breakfast foods, fresh coffee, and a range of snacks on us to keep you energized throughout the day!
- Well-being & Mental Health: We are proud to offer an EAP that supports you and your family round the clock, in and outside of work
- Social Events: Carma social events! From Christmas in July to EOM record-breaking moments we like to celebrate all the big (and smaller) wins!
- Discounts & Savings: Generous savings on all cars, car parts, NRMA cover, novated leases, and finance discounts
- Stability: We had record break-seed funding and goals to change the used car industry long-term in Australia!
- Hybrid Working Model: We understand there are other priorities outside of work which is why flexibility and well-being are at the core of our values. This is a full-time position based in our HQ in Alexandria, Sydney, with the flexibility to work from home 2/3 days per week.
This is a Hybrid role but requires someone to be living in Sydney, Australia. Not open to full-time remote.
At Carma, we are committed to enhancing our amazing culture, and ensuring every Carma employee can bring their best self to work! We embrace diversity and inclusion, are committed to safe work practices and make sure that we have support for all people to grow and develop with us. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.