Social Insights Lead (12 months FTC)
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role is a 12 month parental leave contract. At the moment this job is focused on:
- You will be responsible for measuring the business impact of Canva’s global social media strategy, and be the go to person to learn about social media data and insights.
- You’ll own Canva’s social media analytics approach and reporting to help measure the success of our social content performance and campaigns, across paid and organic.
- You’d partner with other Marketing teams develop a model to measure social impact against overall brand health.
- Report to internal teams on paid and organic social content performance and how this contributes to drive Canva’s business performance.
- Analyse social media, cultural and industry trends to steer strategic direction of content strategies.
- Translate complex data into simple insights and recommendations to inform future projects and business decisions.
- Implement a global reporting framework across all regions and markets.
- Provide real-time analysis of campaigns and events as required.
You're probably a match if:
- You have excellent experience with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Looker, Canva, TubeBuddy)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make strategic data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to visually communicate data and present back to partners.
- Skilled knowledge of social media networks, and audience behavior (Including, but not limited to; YouTube, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook, Instagram).
- Proven organisational skills with ability to plan, prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery, with ability to adapt quickly to market trends and business priorities.
- A great collaborator, who is a trusted source of insightful knowledge and is up-to-date with the latest trends, social media changes in algorithms and provides strategic counsel.
About the team
Our Social team @ Canva is focused on engaging and delighting our community with impactful content. We believe that with the right amount of creativity and strategic thinking, we can empower our communities and the world to create. As specialists, we are responsible for planning, ideating, producing, monitoring, reporting, and experimenting with content that moves at the speed of scroll - all in collaboration with our wider Social, Content and Community Team.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.