Corporate and Compliance Counsel
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva is looking for a skilled Corporate and Compliance Counsel to join our enthusiastic and collaborative legal team in the Philippines. The role involves supporting the Corporate and Compliance team and reporting to the Head of Regulatory & Compliance Legal in Australia.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can adapt to new challenges and a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you fit this description, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll do
- Advise on the full spectrum of corporate and compliance legal issues
- Engage with various government agencies to ensure the company is meeting regulator expectations and remains in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Develop and implement practical compliance controls aimed at mitigating risk while enabling the business to pursue their agenda
- Oversee and enhance the company’s approach to third party management in the Philippines and globally
- Lead complex and time sensitive projects and coordinate internal partners and external advisors
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of corporate and compliance policies, processes, guidance and templates
- Support Canva-wide learning initiatives including to deliver training on corporate and compliance-related topics, taking account of changes to local law, standard processes and Canva’s values and culture
What we're looking for
- You have 5+ years experience in corporate and compliance practice gained within a respected law firm or in-house at a multinational company
- You’ll be fluent in English (verbally and in writing)
- You have an excellent technical background and hands on experience partnering with or advising Finance and business teams and other key partners at international organizations on a broad range of corporate and compliance matters
- You have a sound understanding of all aspects of corporate law in the Philippines and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a commercial environment
- Excellent communicator with confidence and experience navigating sophisticated and highly sensitive legal issues
- You are risk aware, not risk averse
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.