i18n SEO Lead
Marketing & Communications
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Supported by a broad team of global experts, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of i18n SEO in our key priority markets. You'll have access to a range of the best enterprise-level third-party tools, as well as several platforms and products we have built in-house that help us to world-class SEO.
As our new i18n SEO lead, you’ll build our international SEO strategy in markets beyond the US, UK, CA, AU, and NZ. You’ll manage, hire and lead a team of passionate SEO specialists to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets. You'll be part of the exceptionally friendly and supportive SEO Group.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment, and you’re confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity about problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
Your Day to Day:
- You will own the creation and prioritization of the international SEO roadmap, as well as seeking alignment with internal and external team members.
- You’ll manage and guide a team of local SEO and outreach specialists across our key priority markets.
- You will work closely with PMs, localization specialists, engineers and data analysts to drive international SEO projects from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting.
- You’ll set clear international SEO goals, critical metrics and requirements to define and measure what success looks like.
- You’ll educate and evangelize international SEO so everyone is across international SEO standard processes across the business.
- You will stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms changes to advise SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities.
- You’ll scale and grow the local SEO teams in different countries as needed.
- You’ll also scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency.
- You will provide advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems.
- You’ll lead a team that includes internal full time team members, external contractor coachees and contractor coaches.
- You will share knowledge of localization methodology and processes and of global and regional requirements in order to influence large product delivery roadmaps.
You're Probably a Match if:
- You’re a natural leader and communicator, with proven experience leading an SEO team and rallying wider teams and departments toward large common and shared goals in the business.
- You have a deep understanding of search across all international markets, social networks and SAAS products motivated by SEO.
- You’re a well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You come with exceptional analytical skills and comfortable using data to guide decision making.
- You have deep knowledge in SEO from content strategies to technical audits.
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements.
- You have hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl.
- Bonus if you are bilingual or multilingual.
About the team
The SEO group keeps growing globally. Keyword researchers, Tech SEO specialists, SEO content specialists, Copywriters, Engineers, Data analysts, Designers, Operations specialists – we’ve got it all covered, and in many regions of the world. Supported by a broad team of global experts, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of i18n SEO in our key priority markets. You'll have access to a range of the best enterprise-level third-party tools, as well as several platforms and products we have built in-house that help us to world-class SEO.
As a Senior SEO Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Canva’s global SEO strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll be working closely with a team of local SEO specialists and cross-functional product teams in rallying towards ambitious growth goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.