Template Designer - 6 month Contract
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke contents for all of our key markets. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market. Working closely with copywriters, illustrators, market growth specialists and localisation specialists, you’ll be overseeing the end-to-end production rollout of the content library for this specific market.
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering briefs. We’re interested in engaging designers on a 6 month project, with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular design work. You’ll be creating a multitude of Canva assets including logos, posters, videos, presentations, Instagram stories, social media content (video and static), book covers, banners (video and static) and editorial content for your locale.
What you'll do:
- Create a range of fresh, varied and beautiful designs for our Spanish users
- Create unique concepts for beautiful templates on various themes and topics that are specific to Spain
- Create design assets such as illustrations and design elements to make the templates shine
- Suggest fresh design styles and creative directions that suit our users’ needs
What you'll need:
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- Experience in and a love for design trends and styles that are specific to Spain
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Has a strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- Designs with the end user’s needs in mind
- Delivers great designs, on deadline and to brief
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.