Graphic Designer/ Retoucher
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Howdy, howdy! 👋 This opportunity is huge - we're a Smartmockups team working on the Canva product! Mockups helps people and businesses the world over create engaging visual materials. Our online mockup tool features a stellar mockup library and intuitive design tools and is available anywhere, anytime. Smartmockups is the easiest way to showcase your designs on real-world products.
You'll be part of our Processing team responsible for turning amazing photos into even more awesome Mockups.
💪 WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Photo Retouching - You will be responsible for retouching objects, people, logos, and minor imperfections, making color adjustments, and overall making the photo look amazing.
Creating Mockups in PSD - Your role will involve creating pixel-perfect paths with the pen tool, creating realistic masks with the created paths and brush tool, and working with blending modes to achieve a natural look (i.e., highlights and shadows).
Make the Best Possible Foundation for our Mockups - You will play a crucial role in setting the foundation for our mockups, ensuring they're of the highest quality and meet our standards.
Closely Collaborate with Other Team Members from Processing and other teams across Canva- Collaboration is key in this role to achieve overall goals.
Innovation - You will bring new ideas for upgrading and improving our process, contributing significantly to our continual growth and evolution.
What we are looking for
- 3-5+ years of Adobe Photoshop expertise
- A deep-seated love for photo retouching and an amazingly strong portfolio to prove it
- A knack for driving new processes and constantly enhancing existing ones (in PSD)
- A natural ability to play well with others and contribute to our creativity-charged team environment
- Autonomous drive with proactive involvement in team initiatives coupled with ever-flowing suggestions to streamline and uplift processes
- The boldness to try out-of-the-box ideas, infuse freshness, and the flair for storytelling and larger-than-life ideas
- Articulate communication abilities and excitement to share and refine ideas collaboratively
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.