Global Health and Safety Lead
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Global Health and Safety Lead role is the first of its kind at Canva!
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about promoting a healthy and safe environment which supports the wellbeing of all Canvanauts (employees) and guests of Canva. You’ll do this by understanding Canva’s culture, values and goals, being versed in health and safety regulations and partner with many of our internal teams (People Operations, People Advisors, Legal, Vibe, Wellbeing and People Leads).
The role is focused on:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive global health and safety strategy and operations.
- Bringing subject matter expertise to shape thinking which aligns with Canva’s mission and culture.
- Shaping and informing education and awareness on health and safety and the role every individual plays.
- Facilitating global, internal health and safety communities.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance including informing necessary policies.
- Building frameworks to capture incident management, return to work plans and other key health & safety procedures.
- Leading Canva’s approach to risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Developing metrics to track progress and identify trends.
- Liaising with third party insurers and other relevant parties.
- Injury management and workers compensation (Australia) in partnership with our People Advisory team.
- Proven experience in similar type role, preferably in a global organisation.
- Health and safety subject matter expert which has enabled you to successfully craft and implement health and safety solutions globally.
- Proven track record of inspiring stakeholder buy in and putting in place the systems, processes and structures to successfully operationalise health and safety strategies.
- Relationship builder, establishing strong partnership cross the People Group and our internal teams and external parties.
- Self-motivated with a desire to build things from the ground up.
- Agile and flexible, readily adapting approach based on internal and external inputs.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.