Business Process Automation Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group
We're growing our dedicated automation engineering team at Canva to focus on the growing needs of our organization. This team supports our automation platforms, as well as the required infrastructure to support it. We want to ensure all Canvanauts are able to do the best work of their lives - and to support that, we want to automate as much of the boring stuff as we can!
We're looking for an experienced and motivated engineer with experience in the integration & automation engineering space to join this team at Canva. This is a hands-on role with a good split of technical work and stakeholder management. This opportunity will further define our future automation ecosystem, build it, and be a key member of the team that supports it. Our teams at Canva are highly collaborative, and this role will be working closely with other teams as well. While the primary platforms you'll be supporting are on the low-code side of the spectrum, there'll be opportunities for coding work to do, too!
You will be working with a wide range of IT and Business stakeholders as well as a number of cloud services, including Jira, Confluence, Slack, Canva.com, and more. You will be expected to stay up-to-date with the latest trends in automation, scripting, and cloud technologies to ensure our IT operations are running optimally.
This role will be based in Manila, open to remote applicants within the Philippines, and qualifies for relocation for those who wish to work from Manila HQ.
What this role will do:
- Drive delivery of end-user automation projects from ideation to completion within start-up timeframes.
- Work with internal teams to support our automation intake process, reviews and advisory to help develop high impact automation workflows.
- Create and provide internal training resources on how to use our low-code platforms.
- Building integrations between applications to enable better interoperability between them.
- Develop custom code to support workflow requirements that cannot be met with low code/no code capabilities.
- Be actively engaged with this relatively new industry and keep pace with new trends in the low-code workflow space, and apply relevant learnings internally
- 5+ years of experience building production-ready integrations with a focus on scalability, security and high performance
- Solid understanding of web technologies (e.g. REST, JSON, OAuth) in the services context.
- Experience with mainstream Scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Experience as an admin of a low-code workflow automation platform such as Zapier, Workato, Make etc.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance practices
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills - both written and verbal, as you will need to communicate and coordinate with stakeholders that may be non-technical.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.