Senior Systems Engineer - Finance & Legal Technology (Open to remote across ANZ)
Software Engineering, IT, Accounting & Finance, Legal
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
The Finance and Legal Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our Record to Report (R2R), Procure to Pay (P2P) and Order to Cash (O2C) value streams. With Netsuite as our core ERP, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating and improving the quality of our Finance processes to allow our employees to do their best work at a place they love.
We strive to be integrated with the Finance strategy so we can realise our vision of being the best company in the world.
About the role
We’re looking for a Corporate IT solutions specialist with experience in identifying, prioritising and delivering a broad range of finance, legal and people related technology solutions that align with business and IT objectives.
You will have experience in partnering with multiple areas of the business to develop and deliver solution designs, using your influence to guide system enablement teams to align with IT architecture and strategy guidelines that have been set.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand their pain points and technology needs and collaborate with IT to ensure technology solutions are aligned with overall business and IT objectives
- Proactively identify opportunities for technology driven improvements across various business functions. Evaluate potential solutions weighing factors such as cost, feasibility and impact.
- Support and drive the end to end project lifecycle, being clear on scope and impact particularly to IT teams and architecture, proactively address challenges to ensure successful delivery
- Participate in design meetings, code reviews, and in upskilling the rest of the team through training & mentoring.
- Partner with the Finance, Legal, People, IT & various other team to execute against goals that scale Canva to be the world’s best company
- Foster collaboration, manage expectations and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders; and create a strong working relationship with third party system vendors to ensure strong service delivery
- Ensure that our systems architecture of new and existing systems in in line with the metrics and IT group best practices so we can enable an architecture driven culture with our teams
- Lean in with team members to assist with development of process documentation and business requirements where needed to ensure quality delivery of system improvements
- 6+ years experience in a technology solution partner, IT engagement manager, systems lead or similar role
- Significant experience in working with one or more of the business domains of Finance, Legal, Procurement, Commercial
- Strong understanding of technology trends, digital transformation and IT project management
- Familiarity with a variety of technology solutions, platforms and software development methodologies
- You’ll be able to write design docs that consider the impacts across multiple systems including those that are owned by other systems engineers or the business. Involve business stakeholders to flesh out the solution in detail, whilst leading the overall effort
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, security, build processes, testing and operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders
- The ability to coach, guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.