Mid - Senior Product Designer - Team Migrations
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Designing the best-in-class admin experience. You'll empower Canva admins by designing intuitive flows, and meaningful settings and controls that will help their organisations thrive.
- Designing the product features. You'll impact millions of users by designing features that will help Canva be adopted wall-to-wall in every workplace and classroom.
- Researching competitors, trends, patterns and best practices, UX design inspiration, user and business insights.
- Collaborating and connecting. You'll work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads both within and without your team, to prioritise and create a holistic and consistent user experience across our product.
- Reflecting and iterating. With empathy for our users, you'll gather insights to thoughtfully iterate based on research and data.
You're probably a match if
- You’re a dedicated end-end Product Designer. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- You have a highly collaborative approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- You love using data. You use data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
- You have strong engineering literacy. You love working with engineers and solving complex technical problems.
- You excel in UI Design. You're driven to create strong visual designs that align with brand and design systems.
About The Group
- The Manage Teams Group is on a mission to revolutionise how large teams utilise and administrate Canva. We deeply understand the needs of our diverse customers, ranging from classrooms to workplaces. Our primary focus is to design new features that empower our users with flexible configuration and robust team management capabilities.
- As a harmonious and close-knit team, we thrive on collaborative problem-solving and brainstorming sessions, where we come together to tackle challenges and generate innovative ideas. As a Product Designer, you will play a crucial role in helping us drive towards our vision of making Canva a household name in every team. Join us on this exciting journey as we shape the way teams work with Canva.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.