Lead Product Designer - Roles & Permissions
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Designing the best-in-class admin experience. You'll empower Canva admins by designing intuitive flows, and meaningful settings and controls that will help their organisations thrive.
- Designing the product features. You'll impact millions of users by designing features that will help Canva be adopted wall-to-wall in every work place and classroom.
- Researching competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, UX design inspiration, user and business insights.
- Leadership. This is a lead individual contributor role, where you will lead and be accountable for projects, processes and craft mentorship without having any formal people management responsibilities.
- Strategy & Vision. You'll work closely with the Design Lead and Product Manager to define and articulate the product strategy and vision for organisations and teams.
- Communication: Confidently and clearly communicate the design directions and strategies with key team members.
- Iterating. You'll gather learnings to iterate through the use of research and data—we have a close relationship with our users which enables us to unearth valuable insights to improve their experience
You're probably a match if you have
- 5+ years of end-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- A highly Collaborative Approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- A problem-first approach. You're passionate about identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Strong Data Fluency. You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
- Excellent UI Design skills. You're motivated to create exceptional visual designs that align with brand and design systems.
- A growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
About the Group
- The Manage Teams Group is on a mission to revolutionise how large teams utilise and administrate Canva. We deeply understand the needs of our diverse customers, ranging from classrooms to workplaces. Our primary focus is to design new features that empower our users with flexible configuration and robust people management capabilities.
- As a close-knit team, we thrive on collaborative problem-solving and brainstorming sessions, where we come together to tackle challenges and generate innovative ideas. As a Product Designer, you will play a crucial role in helping us drive towards our vision of making Canva a household name in every team. Join us on this exciting journey as we shape the way teams work with Canva.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.