Senior Graphic Designer - Templates
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The mission of the Whiteboards Team is to show the collaborative visual communication power of Canva. We create templates that help users organize their ideas and work together, even when they’re apart.
We need the help of talented Creatives to help bring exciting Whiteboard campaigns and projects to life and executing professionally designed and usable templates for Canva users. Joining our design team means you contribute to empowering everyone to create beautiful and usable designs right at their fingertips.
Our goal is to build the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content - and to do that, we need the help of talented creatives.
As a Creative, you will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative team that produces beautiful templates for our library. You will have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create beautiful, on-trend designs every day. We need someone at a senior designer level, who loves working with design tools and developing their craft while also managing the quality of a team of designers.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritization that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
What you'll do:
- Provide art direction to other creatives using your technical expertise
- Have creative oversight on campaigns and key projects
- When needed, create high-quality designs that are tailored to campaigns
- Check for template usability to enhance user experience
- Drive design research, brainstorming, and design analysis sessions with the team
- Come up with creative solutions to user needs, objectives, and feedback
- Brief designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers to execute high-quality content and templates for each project
- Collaborate with copywriters to ensure content suits the designs
- Grow and document Whiteboard best practices
- Support and participate in design workshops, activities, and exercises to build your own and your team’s craft confidence
What we're looking for:
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- Eager to learn and evolve. You never stop pushing into the next big challenge. You work alongside people who are better than you at some things. To you this isn’t a threat, but an inspiring opportunity to learn and grow.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You balance creative and strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and pixel-perfect craft without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. Your communication skills help you work cross-functionally with other people. You give and receive constructive feedback and can clearly articulate how creative work can be improved, mentoring others to deliver their best work.
- A bias for action. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in. No task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster.
- Always striving for your best. You’re a talented creative with amazing design chops, yet you never stop pursuing excellence in yourself and in your work – “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.