Digital Design Manager (UX/UI) - (12 month Contract)
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
*** 12 Month Contract ***
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Leadership - Lead a dedicated, growing team of designers that consistently deliver incredible & impactful user experience solutions.
- Strategy - Collaborate with our Founders, Product, Engineer and Group Leads, Researchers and Content Designers, to ensure Canva's vision of empowering everyone to design. Guide the processes for how the team works—helping them set roadmaps and strategies for the future. Set achievable and inspiring goals that enable Canva as a product to grow and help uphold a high-quality standard and design vision for design across Canva
- Discovery - Champion for the highest quality design standards across the team & continuously work to expand the team's design capabilities & skills.
- Growth + Development - Help other Designers to grow and develop their abilities through thoughtful and effective coaching. Provide design critique to help the team grow in a positive environment. Help the team to resolve conflicting priorities and recognise where compromise is needed to adapt directions accordingly.
- Design - Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as landing pages, user-flows, prototypes, graphics, UI, motion & interactive designs that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation - Work closely with engineering teams and designers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration - Encourage iterative design processes to consistently optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale - keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
You're probably a match if
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, an excellent understanding of user behaviour and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimisation, A/B testing, user testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide well-rounded, consistent and performant solutions.
- You have experience supporting teams in turning data into insights, tracking engagement on a group level, reporting on the team's effectiveness & leveraging data for team growth/optimisation
- You have direct experience with collaborating and communicating with senior stakeholders
- You have a track record of solving complex problems and delivering simple and elegant solutions. You hold a high bar for designing clean, elegant, and usable designs.
- Extensive experience working with engineers on feasibility, detailed design and finding solutions to complex problems.
- A strong sense of design ethics - understanding that the design decisions we make at Canva impact millions of lives every day!
About The Team
- The SEO Team sits right at the intersection of product and marketing with a focus on high-impact landing pages across our platform. Canva has one of the strongest SEO strategies in the world. Our goal is pretty simple; Empower every user in the world to discover Canva, and inspire them to create their next design. We’re a world-class cross-disciplinary group of product managers, researchers, designers, engineers and content specialists.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.