Global Facilities Administrator
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role will own administrative responsibilities of facilities operations within our global spaces. You’ll help create consistency across how we manage our vendors, compliance and track our reactive, scheduled and preventative maintenance.
With Canva's growing Campuses and Hubs this role is for someone that loves to streamline and scale processes and loves working with a global team.
What you’d be doing in this role
- Global Systems. Manage and improve our global maintenance schedules (preventative, scheduled and reactive maintenance). Manage Calven neighbourhooding, floor plans and parking for all Campuses and Hubs globally. Troubleshooting, feedback collation, newbie admin, desking allocation etc. Monitoring maintenance requirements in line with our lease conditions, permits and contract obligations. Clear and easy to find folder and document management. Further support to vibe team where required.
- Data Collation and Analytics. Collate and analyse data for global reports including occupancy and utilisation of our Campuses.
- Global Access for Canvanauts. Manage, support and develop process for Campus and Hub access globally for all Canvanauts, contractors and suppliers.
You're probably a match if
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience within Facilities and/or Admin
- You have experience wrangling and analysing data with Google Sheets/ Microsoft Excel
- You are able to analyze data, break down findings into simple summaries and ideas
- You have experience in working across multiple locations - it’ll advantageous if you’re experienced working with regional and/or global teams
- You are interested and passionated in learning global and local compliance standards
- You are great in documentation and have excellent organisational skills
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and management at all levels
- You are capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively, you will be effective at juggling multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced and time-shifting environment
About the team
As part of the People SuperGroup, the Vibe team’s mission is to 'Build a workplace that cultivates Canva's culture and inspires us all to do the best work of our lives'.This includes everything from planning future spaces, keeping our existing space functioning efficiently, producing engaging activations and events, to preparing healthy meals. The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills and is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
As Canva grows, The Vibe Team is scaling its operations to adapt to the ever-changing needs and complexities of the company, to take on new responsibilities and to contribute in strategic and meaningful ways. Currently, the Vibe team oversees several functions including Workplace Experience, Facilities and Construction, Food and Beverage, Health and Wellbeing programming, Events and Engagement.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what People & Vibe Lead - Jakob Allinger has to say about working in People at Canva -
"It's fascinating how consistent the whole employee experience looks and feels for all Canvanauts around the world. The People team really do make complex things simple while being forces for good."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.