Senior Frontend Engineer - Experimentation Framework (Remote anywhere in ANZ)
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team: We love to Experiment
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in this team you will be part of building a novel experimentation framework to help supercharge Canva's various growth goals, in other words, you'll be instrumental to the success of our user-growth goals.
Once you’ve settled in and have a comfortable grasp of the product, environment, and processes, you’ll get to tackle more responsibility and start leveraging your previous experience — bringing new insights to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions. Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world.
At the moment, the role will focus on:
- Building efficient and reusable front end abstractions for a specialised experimentation system in JS, TypeScript and React.
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Collaborating with other team members to craft the best solutions to difficult problems
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for front end engineering
- Interact with our backend systems
What your application should demonstrate
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS for millions of users
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Computer science fundamentals
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.