Finance Transformation Lead
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
We are looking for an influential and visionary leader in finance transformation - someone who seeks to redefine rather than follow the crowd. You are excited by the prospect of defining a Finance function unconstrained, looking to reinvent the Finance function empowered by data and technology and driven by process excellence. You are driven to bring chaos to clarity in the large number of initiatives being driven in Finance and needing Finance involvement.
You’ll have a passion for making complex things simple and supercharging our transformation program to bring the progress we need to be large company ready and beyond. Your personal leadership will bring everyone on board for the ride and commit the right levels of support to succeed.
What you'll do
- As the Finance Transformation Lead, you will own the Finance Transformation Office and the Finance Operating Model strategy. This will include:
- Lead the design and execution of the significant finance transformation program to get Canva large company ready.
- Lead the Finance target operating model strategy, influencing how we best structure to deliver to Canva's changing business needs.
- Manage the finance project portfolio, ensuring projects and programs contribute to strategic Finance objectives and priorities.
- Ensure the allocation of the right resources across our project portfolio ensuring the right balance between keeping the ship running and optimizing quality outcomes on projects.
- Manage interdependencies between projects and service providers to ensure the minimization of conflict, project debt, and delay.
- Coach, guide and upskill team members within the Transformation Office and promote a culture of high performance. Hiring in and scaling the team as required to meet its objectives.
What we’re looking for
- A strong program management discipline rooted in finance transformation expertise who sees and communicates the bigger picture clearly with a strong desire to make a meaningful impact.
- You enjoy operating in a fluid environment and are able to adapt quickly with a focus on structure, clarity, and outcomes.
- You strive for excellence and empower your teams through excellent communication skills and are excited by the idea of solving complex problems.
- Experience in defining and executing target operating model strategies across multiple countries and time zones.
- Experience in a progressive large company redefining the role of Finance.
- With exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, you know how to work practically with a range of senior stakeholders across the business and achieve the right balance to achieve compliant desired outcomesInitiative and a proactive approach, balanced with strong business acumen.
- Experience working in the technology/software sector, or within a rapidly scaling global organization.
- You have strong leadership skills and are able to rally teams around complex goals and problem-solving.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience, and our overall assessment of what we observed and learned in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $169,000 to $259,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?