Group Product Lead - User Voice
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant, and chat experience.
About the candidate
You can dream up a vision, set a product strategy and bring teams together to create and deliver a roadmap that requires multiple teams and groups to support. You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and everyone else in between. You have experience scaling a team during hyper-growth, and coaching a team of multiple product managers and your communication skills empower you to inspire your teams to dream and achieve crazy big goals. You love to take green-field opportunities and build solutions, teams & processes to solve them. Living and breathing all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results.
- Product Strategy - Own our Supergroup User Voice product roadmap
- Collaborating with leadership peers across the Supergroup and Canva to shape and drive the highest impact roadmap possible
- Product Execution - Coordinate our team(s) to deliver on this roadmap, diving into product manage initiatives where required.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Become an internal subject matter expert on the needs of all help seeking users, from Students to Enterprises
- Work closely with vendor partners to drive exceptional outcomes for users and Canva
- Decision Making - Drive key decisions needed to be made toward our Help Experiences for 1 Billion Users strategy
- Prepare and present decision decks and drive alignment with founders.
- Partnering with our User Voice Business Partners to drive alignment between the needs of different customer segments and the User Voice product roadmap
- Operational Excellence - Partner with Program Management to ensure we are building a world-class, high-performing team of cross-functional experts from Product, Engineering and Design
- Lead cross-group product initiatives to solve big business problems that require many different product teams across Canva to come together and execute on.
- Coaching - Coach a team of Product Managers to achieve their business and personal development goals, strengthening the product management discipline at Canva as a whole
Experience the candidate will have
- You have 8+ years of experience in a product management role; in a product-led B2B SaaS company or Customer Experience focused tech startup or related
- You have experience coaching Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- You have 3+ years of experience coaching 3 or more product managers.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best.
- You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You have demonstrated experience in leading and navigating complex vendor/partner relationships
- Proven ability to build a thriving inclusive culture in their group
- You love solving ambiguous business problems, and building solutions, processes and teams around them.
- Data, experimentation and AB testing is your second language
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing.
- When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organise clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems
- You have a strong background and passion for user experience, ensuring quality solutions down to the details
- You are a clear communicator and excellent presenter, ideally with a record of making presentations in large forums
- You pride yourself on being an owner and getting projects from ideas to live as quickly as possible!
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact.
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, wearing lots of hats and doing whatever it takes to help your team and the business succeed.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?