Design Ops Coordinator
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Role
The Design Ops Coordinator be responsible for all finance-specific tasks related to Content & Discovery's Contingency Workforce; namely invoice reviews, disputes and approvals of 180+ contractors in C&D. This person will also flex their project management abilities to work with FinOps on seeking ways to automate finance operations, for scale.
At this moment this role is focused on:
- Managing and providing support for contractors on invoice-related queries.
- Review, dispute and approval of CSOL (Philippines) CPL (Global) invoices and production expenses.
- Navigation of VC Ops production trackers to ensure invoices are correct.
- Ensuring official receipts are provided for production reimbursements (talent/location/props/misc) and costs are accurate, prior to compensation.
- Creation of monthly finance report for FinOps, detailing projected vs. actual spend.
- Project management and collaboration with FinOps on ways to automate finance admin, with the motivation that our Contingency Workforce will scale in size.
- Platform ownership of our invoice submission tool, Tipalti, coordinating and troubleshooting any concerns with FinOps where necessary.
You're probably a match if:
- You have at least 1 to 2 years of project management experience
- You have experience in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- You have knowledge in navigating global workforce/tax policies
- You have experience in using Monday.com and Tipalti
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?