Insurance Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva is seeking an Insurance Program Manager to join our global legal and risk management function as our first in-house insurance expert! You’ll work with sharp, motivated stakeholders across the business to identify areas of risk and ensure that Canva has a comprehensive and efficient global insurance program. This role will be part of the Legal + Risk team, reporting to the Head of Corporate Legal.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and the strategic direction of Canva’s global insurance programs.
- You will partner with internal leaders in our Finance, Tax, Accounting, People, Data, Privacy, Security and other functions to ensure our insurance program is comprehensive for the company’s scale and risk profile.
- You’ll lead our annual renewal cycles, working with our external brokers and internal stakeholders.
- You will create scalable processes for renewals, claims management and commercial compliance and ensure that our insurance programs are fit for purpose and reflect best practices.
- You’ll establish and maintain carrier and broker relationships.
- You’ll support M&A transactions and integration efforts with respect to insurance matters.
What You Come With:
- A deep understanding of business insurance lines, insurance policy forms and wordings, insurance market dynamics, and conditions for rapidly growing global technology companies.
- You have strong project management skills and an ability to manage competing priorities, work autonomously and drive projects to completion.
- You have good judgment and a collaborative, flexible approach to problem-solving.
- You come with the ability to communicate complex matters effectively and provide pragmatic advice that is risk aware, not risk averse.
- You have a sense of ownership and the ability to navigate stakeholders and drive projects forward.
- You come with 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate risk management and/or insurance.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of experience in the field of Risk Management, Insurance, Finance, or related field.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?