Incident Response Manager
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Lead the Incident Response team of 15, who are based in Australia/New Zealand and Europe, providing a 24/7 capability to respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Ensure the team achieves its service levels, responds in an appropriate and timely fashion to incidents, and develops the team's roadmaps and the impact of the team members.
- Develop the long-term roadmap for improving our response capabilities and automation.
- Drive technical strategy and provide leadership to your team in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment.
- Invest in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities to help further their skills and grow into new roles.
You're probably a match if
- First and foremost, have a curious detective mindset and be driven to solve ambiguous problems with simple solutions.
- Proven experience with technical and people leadership.
- Previously developed impactful and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves.
- Exposure to the cloud! Ideally AWS, but GCP or Azure would be completely fine!
- Documentation, communication, and stakeholder management skills; the ability to work alongside technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Previous experience in Security - Engineering, Operations and/or Incident Response
- Proven customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of internal partners, and find opportunities to empower them to do their best work.
About the team
We respond to and triage cybersecurity incidents across Canva. We protect over 125 million monthly active customers by preventing, detecting and responding to cybersecurity incidents. We are also responsible for building and maintaining automation and tooling to respond to cybersecurity incidents.
We work closely with threat intelligence, threat detection & hunting teams and other security groups to make Canva the most trusted platform. We are a global team, providing a 24/7 security response and monitoring capability to Canva and its subsidiaries around the world.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
"The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?