Senior Product Marketing Manager - Relocate to Australia!
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Product strategy - You’re someone who can oversee the end to end product strategy and marketing opportunity for your area of business. You’ll have the ability to influence and rally teams to seize core market opportunities and bring world-class products to market. You’re someone who sees the big picture and can piece different ideas and products together into a cohesive customer experience.
- Market research - You’re highly proficient in sourcing and analysing market and competitive insights and you’re able to translate these insights into actionable work streams for teams.
- Product positioning & Messaging - You’ll own the creation and delivery of product positioning for your area of the business. You’ll be responsible for empowering all teams at Canva to use your positioning across the entire product and marketing funnel.
- GTM - You’ll create cross-business GTM plans, which will impact millions of Canva users. You’ll be an expert in rallying cross-functional teams and fulfilling the requirements of marketing teams. You’ll own and drive the GTM objectives, strategy, market analysis, product launch, competitive intel, personas, buyer’s journey and sales enablement.
- Product adoption & awareness - As a seasoned product marketer, you’ll partner with product and marketing teams to ensure to own and drive continue adoption and engagement of our product base.
- Cross-functional champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing and sales. You’ll have superb stakeholder management and be a world-class communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when and how it impacts them.
You're probably a match if
- 5+ years of product marketing experience or at least 4 years of experience in a marketing-facing role in a product-centric organisation (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Exceptional communication skills, which empower all stakeholders to support your product strategies
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with stakeholders from product, marketing, sales, strategy, CHT and research
- The ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritise resources.
- Experience running complex cross-functional strategies and the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to understand the market, competitors and core customer audience. Identifying essential trends, and rectifying problems as they arise. You share these insights broadly with all key stakeholders and use these insights to mould the product, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- As Canva is a fast-growing and paced workplace you’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have strong prioritisation skills
- You’re someone with a growth mindset and you're eager to learn and grow every day. As Canva is growing 130% YoY, you’re aware that you’ll be growing and trying new things every day.
- You’re someone who loves solving customer problems or need with products and you enjoy working closely with product teams to build world-class products
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve their goals through world Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them on a daily basis whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations or printing gifts for your friends, with Canva everyone can achieve their goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?