Marketing Manager - Pixabay
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
In 2019, Canva announced the acquisition of one of the world’s biggest free stock content sites - Pixabay. Pixabay contains more than 2.7 million free images, videos and audio provided by our talented and generous global community. We have over 40 million visitors to our website monthly and we continue to grow from strength to strength.
We’re looking for a talented Marketing Manager to join Pixabay! As a marketing manager, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Pixabay’s growth strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll think like an owner and work closely with a cross functional team in rallying towards our ambitious growth goals.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’re confident in making data-driven decisions and driving alignment between your key stakeholders. You have a knack for problem-solving, getting your hands dirty in identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Pixabay’s users and key points in their user journeys to drive activation and engagement
- Build a coherent and consistent strategy and scale Pixabay’s marketing campaigns across Growth, Brand, Content, Social, and Lifecycle.
- Partner with functions such as product, design, SEO, community and engineering to drive marketing projects from planning to execution, followed by post-implementation analysis and reporting
- Hands-on creation, execution and optimization of multi-channel campaigns that engage, nurture, and improve activation and long-term retention from onboarding.
- Manage our content calendar, reflecting key priorities for marketing, SEO and community engagement
- Measure and report on campaign performance, rigorously A/B test, and optimize our communications across channels
- Manage our small team of social media curators & producers
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to inform marketing strategies and tactics
- Scale and improve marketing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in full function multi-channel marketing roles (both paid and organic), where you have successfully delivered results driving awareness, acquisition, growth, and retention.
- A well-rounded marketer that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in tech or start-up sectors is strongly preferred
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- A test-and-learn mindset and the ability to turn learnings into actions to improve performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material.
- Strong cross-functional skills, including working with data, product, copywriting and design
- A passion for photography, design or music production is highly beneficial
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?