Engineering Director - Homepage & Content Management
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Want to join Canva?
We have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The Teams & Education (T&E) Super-Group is involved in the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and which drive much of Canva’s revenue. In T&E, we perform everything from crafting & building outstanding product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more!
We strive to further grow these products tenfold globally over the next few years. The Super-Group comprises 4 Groups, 15 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva achieve its user and growth goals.
This year the Home and Content Management group is on a mission to Inspire everyone to visually communicate and stay organised. Our group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. We want to make Canva the tool that every team big and small wants to use to collaborate and communicate everyday - from kindergarten to the workplace.
Join us to lead engineering for the Home and Content Management group to ensure we have the skills and direction needed to build and deliver robust and scalable services and features. critical services and support a broad set of product teams owning critical components of the Canva UX. Ultimately you will support all Teams & Education users to manage their content and inspire them to create their next design on Canva.
What you'll do
- As the Group Engineering Manager, you will represent Engineering in the leadership team. This will involve working closely with Product, Design, Data and QA leads.
- Collaborate with engineers to scope and solve sophisticated problems across the group's product teams.
- Coach and support the software engineering team leads and advocate for a culture of psychological safety.
- Scale engineering to meet the growing needs of the roadmap.
- Coordinating and communicating across various specialities and parts of the business to understand the impact and feasibility of strategic goals within the group.
- Ensure the Home and Content Management group is constantly working towards delivering on the group strategy and vision by continuously assessing current and future business needs.
- Drive planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring there is alignment between the company, group, and teams.
- Drive delivery of large, cross-team, and cross-group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion.
- You are still in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles.
- Proven technical and people leadership, having created impactful teams previously.
- Experience leading multiple teams through leading managers and guided by company missions, goals, and strategies.
- Invested in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities.
- Excellent customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of T&E users and view opportunities to empower them to do their best work.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?