Lead Business Intelligence Analyst - Editing Product (Remote)
IT, Product, Operations, Data Science
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Editing Product team within Design Experience. The Editing Product plays a central role at Canva, with a mission to make designing anything possible by expanding the capabilities of the editor with a solid front-end platform, far-reaching design tools, and entirely new products. This role will directly support key decision-making in this area and beyond.
You’ll be supporting the continuing evolution of Canva and achievement of its crazy big goals. As one of the senior data gurus on the team, you’ll build out our reporting pipeline and conduct quantitative analyses to reveal insights that truly have an impact.
Your excellent commercial and technical acumen will be relied upon to come up with solutions to novel problems, and you will confidently engage with senior leadership to present your solutions. You will also amplify your impact by supporting more junior team members.
This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, communicating closely with stakeholders, and organising your fellow data team members such that the data attitude in this space is highly proactive.
What you’d be doing in this role:
- Coach a team of data specialists, composed of BI Analysts and Data Analysts. This role will act as a driver of data strategy in this group and will coordinate closely with Product Managers and Engineers.
- It will require close coordination with several stakeholders and a real sense of drive and initiative to keep things moving. Nobody tells you what to do; you identify the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through.
- Although you are an analytics guru, you also have people skills and know how to coordinate a team, align with stakeholders, and organise an analytics strategy for your area.
- Find insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Support the delivery of strategic projects sourced from the founders, CFO and across the business by transforming data into key insights and recommendations for decision-making.
- Build and maintain dashboards that inform and support your group’s initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things.
- Use your deep expertise in working with large volumes of data to drive projects forward, and your commercial acumen to translate analysis into actionable solutions for stakeholders.
- Consistently bring analytical rigour to your projects and confidently engage with senior leadership on data-driven solutions to novel problems.
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Role model for junior analysts in Design Experience, and the broader Canva data community.
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
You're probably a match if:
- Experience leading BI analysts, data analysts, and/or cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with large data sets, preferably within the SaaS industry.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience delivering data-driven projects and packaging insights for business stakeholders.
- Comfort working with ambiguity and getting to a solution even with imperfect data.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
- Can build authentic relationships with stakeholders and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to independently drive projects to completion, including technical delivery.
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate business intelligence analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?