Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Pages Platform/CMS (Open to Remote across ANZ)
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Want to be responsible for the engine that powers most of Canva’s web pages? The Pages Platform team provides tools that enable Canvanauts to build great landing pages without sweating. Our tools help with many disciplines involved in developing great pages, such as accessibility, content, data, experimentation, localization, monitoring, SEO, performance, etc.
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand - you don't have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva.
What you’ll do
- Building tools and frameworks that help us improve efficiency in the process of creating and managing content
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and capabilities for our users
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identifies opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieving our goals
What we're looking for
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?