Global Head of Performance Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
As the Global Head of Performance Marketing, you will be responsible for developing a world-class performance marketing and direct response advertising function that can deliver on our ambitious user growth and revenue goals. You’ll do so by developing a strategy, implementing robust targeting, testing, and tracking capabilities, and building/leading/coaching a team that can meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. Moreover, the Global Head of Performance Marketing will position the acquisition engine to drive new users and paying customers for both our Consumer and B2B offerings. Finally, your function needs to be at the forefront of testing into new messaging and positioning hypotheses coming from Product Marketing and/or Brand teams, as well as international expansion and verticalization.
What you’ll do
- Formulate and champion the strategy to achieve Canva’s business targets and brand goals through customer-focused and data-led marketing campaigns across all digital paid channels (search, display, paid social, video, mobile, sponsored content, and affiliate) along with CRO and ASO efforts.
- Create a framework and POV on how we will apply Multimedia Media Mix Models and multi-touch attribution to budget and investment decision making
- Galvanize and empower the efforts of your teams, providing direction, mentorship and coaching
- Hire and develop extraordinary marketers, mobilizing them to execute on your vision while positioning them to achieve their ambitious professional development goals
- Continually build on the foundation for user and team growth through the development of repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks
- Work with C-suite, marketing, finance, data, and product leads to unblock dependencies, uncover new insights and opportunities for cross-team collaboration
What we're looking for
- 12+ years of experience as a marketing leader who has successfully delivered international growth results across digital paid acquisition channels.
- A track record of scaling and developing impactful and fulfilled marketing teams across multiple markets
- Ability to drive business outcomes with experience working with in-house media buying and creative teams on world-class creative executions and improving impact in new channels
- Experience working with in-house technical teams to drive the product roadmaps for automation, optimisation and personalization
- Possess keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions
- Fluent with attribution model discussions and direct response metrics
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Energy giver with a positive outlook and the ability to influence your team leads, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- A natural teammate, with a consistent track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
- A strategic leader with a deep understanding of how to balance the goal of rapid growth of brand awareness with an emphasis on driving positive return on investment from a highly-optimised mid-low funnel
What you'll accomplish
- The ability to work with 9-figure marketing spend levels with a significant breadth of channels and complexity of operation (brand + performance; mobile + desktop; consumer + B2B; massive and varied TAM)
- Best-in-class creative production & testing
- Team development and managing teams of teams across multiple regions
- Seat at the executive table and ability to lead through influence
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?