Senior Web UX/UI Designer - Logged-Out Homepage
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group you'll be joining
User Growth group is on a mission to increase activation, frequency of use and drive viral adoption of Canva globally. We’re laser focussed on driving impact on monthly active user (MAU) metrics that are mission critical for us achieving our company goals.
We leverage our mature experimentation framework, data and research capabilities to maximise the performance of our top-of-funnel product-led growth engine, which encompasses new users' first experience as they visit canva.com, sign up and familiarise themselves with all that Canva has to offer.
We have come a long way, but we have huge company growth aspirations and crazy big goals; as a product designer joining the User Growth group you’ll be critical in helping us make Canva a household name.
About the Digital Design specialty
Digital designers have the chance to collaborate and work between Brand and Product. Working at the top of the funnel you will be designing pages viewed by millions. This is an incredible opportunity to help develop our brand awareness and have a direct impact on our MAUs and revenue goals. Being the first touch-point at the start of the user journey, you will be responsible for delivering landing pages that meet our user’s needs and drive adoption. Working in a cross functional team, you will be responsible to bring designs to life from start to finish. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as brainstorming, writing creative briefs or design documents, wireframes, visual designs, prototype, interaction, and more.
What you’ll do
- Discovery — Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows, and help define the problem and solutions.
- Definition — Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- Visual design — Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation — Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration — Iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale — keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
What we're looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behavior and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
** Please send across your portfolio/examples of your work when applying
What you’ll learn at Canva
- Learn to design at scale and have a real impact on the business and on people’s everyday lives.
- Develop your craft with some of the most talented designers.
- Build your coaching, mentoring and leadership skills. There is so much we want to build at Canva with incredible growth opportunities.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?