Senior Data Scientist
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
As a Senior Data Scientist at CMT, you will develop algorithms that represent physical phenomena associated with both vehicle and human movements when measured by cell phone sensors and IoT devices. You will solve challenging real-world problems and assist in the development of innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Using knowledge of statistics, machine learning / deep learning, signal processing, physics, programming and data modeling, the Senior Data Scientist consults on Data Science projects, and works independently on developing new solutions to achieve CMT’s objectives, and making valuable discoveries which lead to company-wide prototype development and product improvements.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to spearhead the creation of innovative and cutting-edge algorithmic solutions, utilizing unconventional approaches to address complex challenges. These solutions should have a far-reaching impact on the company, and involve the development of new features and products for customers using diverse data sources
- Lead and mentor a team of talented junior data scientists, guiding them through every phase of solution development, from meticulous data pre-processing and advanced modeling, to rigorous testing, seamless roll-out, and continuous performance monitoring in live production environments
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills to effectively convey and present complex data science concepts to stakeholders across the organization. Foster a collaborative environment by actively engaging with diverse teams and promoting cross-functional cooperation
- Stay at the forefront of research and emerging trends in the field of data science. Evaluate and validate the potential impact of incorporating new ideas into the platform, products, and customer experiences, ensuring continuous enhancement and innovation
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- Bachelor’s (Master’s or Ph.D. preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- 4+ years of experience in the Data Science field
- 1+ years of experience developing commercial software with strong algorithmic, AI/machine learning, or signal processing components
- Deep understanding of data science principles, algorithms and practices, such as deep learning / machine learning, statistics and probability, signal processing, and sensor physics.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge and practice of software development process in large scale, and proven coding skills using scripting languages e.g. Python, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data infrastructure, computation and storage as well as scalable AI/ML platforms & tools, e.g. Spark, Ray, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc.
- Strong visualization and data literacy skills, with demonstrated ability to summarize mathematical representations into simple data visualizations and statistical results
- Strong customer-focus and presentation skills with the ability to obtain requirements and influence outcomes
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, dental, vision and life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off, including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.