Vice President of Product Management, Engage
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is on a mission to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Our first product launched in 2012 and pioneered mobile usage-based insurance. Since then, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, personal safety providers, and automakers, providing telematics services for 80 enterprise programs in 20 countries. Powered by mobile sensing, artificial intelligence, and behavioral science, we measure driving quality, incentivize safer driving, assist users in crashes in real time, and improve the safety for millions of drivers every day around the world.
The Vice President of Product Management will be responsible for CMT’s DriveWell Engage product and the growth of the mobile telematics programs that our customers – auto insurers, commercial fleets, gigs, automakers, and government agencies, offer to consumer and professional drivers. DriveWell Engage provides driving feedback, coaching, and incentives to engage consumers and motivate them to be safer on the road. The VP of Product Management will have experience with consumer-centric products (B2C or B2B2C), and with this experience, help us identify compelling new product features and enhancements based on telematics data, AI insights, and mobile UX best practices, that result in driver acquisition, retention and behavior change.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the next generation of CMT’s DriveWell Engage product
- Research and understand consumer and professional driver behavior and motivation in the mobility world
- Listen to and empathize with customers regarding their problems and goals, and how our products can solve their problems and enable them to achieve their goals
- Lead disciplined product discovery efforts to identify high leverage new product features and enhancements that drive user acquisition, retention, and behavior change
- Develop and lead a team of product managers and cross-functional squads
- Collaborate with other product leaders on cross-product dependencies, to bring products and features from concept to reality
- Own the roadmap for DriveWell Engage and identify the product and technology enhancements required to support this roadmap, including intermediate, measurable targets (key results)
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, customer success, customer solutions and engineering to ensure successful go to market efforts
- Provide input to platform development on use cases and requirements for new telematics data and new data fusion opportunities from the mobile, IoT, cameras and connected cars
- Become recognized both within CMT and the marketplace as a thought leader in driver acquisition, retention and behavior change, and meet with customers, prospects, industry experts to evangelize CMT’s vision
- Participate as a member of the CMT leadership team and work closely with other leaders to ensure that CMT achieves its corporate goals
- Partner with the product marketing and marketing to support field/sales opportunities
- 5+ years of experience with consumer-facing mobile products in a B2B2C or direct to consumer setting
- Able to develop a strategy and manage a cross-functional team to execute
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and successfully bring new products and features to market
- Excellent product and people management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A passion for using data to make roads and drivers safer
- Masters degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Product Management
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.