Senior Director, Crash & Claims Product Development
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dash cams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Senior Director of New Product Development is a critical leadership role, responsible for driving the company's growth through the creation of innovative products that expand market presence and drive competitive advantage. The role demands a combination of strategic thinking, technical expertise, and strong leadership skills to shape the organization's future and deliver groundbreaking products to customers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Product Management leader who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive innovation strategy that encompasses Horizon 2 and Horizon 3 product ideas across various industries, such as Insurance, GIG/rideshare, and Auto OEM, ensuring alignment with the company's long-term vision
- Supervise the ideation process, leveraging market research, customer insights, and emerging technologies to identify potential product opportunities
- Own and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, including long-term vision, goals, and prioritization and evangelize both internally and externally
- Use your extensive industry knowledge to influence and shape the future of the product
- Work with senior leadership to manage the product portfolio, ensuring a healthy balance of short-term and long-term revenue-generating products
- Influence a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to help articulate, build, to expedite roll out of winning products to our customers
- With support from the Marketing and Product Marketing teams, lead product research and competitive analysis of product offerings
- Identify the fastest ways to test and learn within a B2B2C environment
- Define quarterly OKRs and track progress weekly/quarterly/yearly
- Leverage consumer insights and market intelligence to inform product choices; research and identify new opportunities
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market
- Own and manage relationships with clients and strategic partners
- Define metrics for success for new products & features, track these metrics, and make adjustments to the roadmap accordingly
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- BA or BS degree; MBA or equivalent years of experience and/or certification
- 10+ years in consumer (B2C) growth-focused product management leadership roles
- 5+ years of management responsibility including experience running an entire functional unit
- BA or BS degree; MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Extensive experience with product discovery, building prototypes, and assessing product-market fit
- Deep experience with consumer mobile apps
- Willing and able to work in person in our Cambridge office twice per week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.