Principal QA Engineer I, Commercial & Gig
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Principal QA Engineer who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Work with quality assurance team to explore requirements, prepare test scenarios, write test specifications
- Mentor junior testers to write and execute test scripts
- Help create QA & automation strategy and drive the execution for the timely releases of new features & services with quality
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Write test specifications and help build and improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize an expert-level knowledge of iOS, Android, and cloud technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Design & execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Collaborate with customers and vendors
- Provide required assistance and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on call responsibilities
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in QA with a focus on automated testing
- A proven track record of mentoring more junior team members
- Ability to collaborate between local and remote teams, and with clients and vendors
- Knowledge about CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bitrise
- Experience writing automation tests for mobile applications with tools such as XCUITest, Appium, Robotium, UIAutomator, etc.
- Minimum requirements:
- Familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform (ie Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Familiarity with various data store solutions (SQL, noSQL, file store (ex S3))
- Familiarity with REST API/ Postman
- Nice to Have:
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with AWS
- Proficiency with serverless computing technologies (like Lambda, step function)
- Experience working with test case management frameworks such as XRay
- Access to a motor vehicle and willingness to perform drive testing as needed
- Familiarity with at least one infrastructure as code platform (such as Terraform or CloudFormation) is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.