Director of Technical Services, Japan
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Director of Services who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better! You will help us scale our Customer Solutions team, develop great mobile user experiences, and deliver exceptional solutions to our customers. Reporting directly to the SVP of Customer Solutions , you will own the full product lifecycle from initial customer contact, through planning, design, estimation, budget management, execution, and delivery, as well as Technical Support.
- Lead the Japan region technical services function. This includes both professional services and technical support
- Mentor Technical Support resources and ensure the team delivers world class Technical Support, and the team performance aligns with worldwide Technical Support teams
- Act as a primary contact point for customers on technical delivery, establishing strong and trusted relationships and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Define and articulate business requirements and delivery plans for complex solutions that leverage CMT platform and solutions
- Work with customer teams and associates to plan best onboarding and launch strategy
- Manage Solution Architects and Solution Engineers and coordinate third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage successful transition between sales process and project implementation as well as handover into customer success teams after launch
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, develop a detailed project plan to track progress, manage changes in project scope, costs and schedule, measure and report project performance, perform risk assessment and manage / minimize project risk
- Understand key concepts within the role but use original thought to define new ways of operating
- Coordinate efforts of other team members to achieve key objectives
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification
- 9+ years of Project Management Experience with a track record of delivering complex customer-facing projects on time
- 5+ years of experience managing technical teams - ideally working with remote teams
- Proficiency in the software/mobile product development process, complex software integrations, and Agile Methodologies
- Budget management experience with the ability to manage projects within scope and budget
- Proficiency with Project Management tools as well as Jira/Confluence, ZenDesk, Slack, and G-Suite
- Auto insurance or telematics industry experience background, working experience in an insurance carrier is a plus
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Fluent in English and Japanese
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,