With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that investment in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A pioneer in the digital health space, BrightInsight is a growth stage company backed by leading life sciences and software investors (General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Eclipse and New Leaf Ventures) that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top Biopharma and MedTech companies.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including six of the world’s top 10 biopharma companies and three leading diagnostic companies. Our platform has been honored with some 15 industry awards, including CB Insights Digital Health 150 in 2020 and 2021, Google Partner of the Year, Healthcare and Life Sciences for two consecutive years, and BrightInsight ranked 13 on the LinkedIn Top Startups List in the U.S.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
If you enjoy working with passionate, solution-oriented, colleagues in an agile, low bureaucracy environment, then come join us at BrightInsight!
About the Role:
The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based medical IoT platform for the life sciences industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
As a UX/UI Designer, you are responsible for designing solutions which are first and foremost easy to use keeping in mind the healthcare industry. You constantly strive to update designs based on what really works and can understand UX research outcomes clearly and apply it’s implications and applications to our solutions. BrightInsight portfolio products include industry-specific solutions, indication-specific therapies, and capabilities for business users, providers, and patients.
You will work closely with customers, fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Legal and other internal stakeholders to define, and design one or more products used by our partners or customers.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates…
- Intense collaboration
- Simplifying complex problems
- Passionate customer focus
- Fast learner
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Create compelling interactive experiences focused on unified design principles for responsive web and native iOS and Android applications.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and apply new technologies to create new solutions
- Translate user research into design solutions.
- Collaborate closely with Software Architects, System Engineers and other Product team members to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization
- Manage multiple efforts, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible
- Will use and possess a broad range of UX skills, including interaction design, visual design, branding and user research.
- Self-motivated and able to design a project efficiently.
- Extend and constantly help improve the visual design pattern libraries and usage guidelines.
- Work in an iterative design process and advocate design decisions.
Here is some of what you’ll need…
- *Sketch (including knowledge of sketch libraries) - required
- Experience with designing health/medical related applications.
- 3+ years of applied experience in designing responsive web and native mobile applications
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies
- Strong organizational, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Commitment to improving processes and methods within the design team.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
What We Value:
At our core, we value partnership. We are strategic partners to our customers, and we partner together every day to achieve our vision of transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
- Passion about transforming care and patient outcomes
- Accountability to one another, our valued customers and our mission-critical projects
- Respect for one another, our customers and the data that we manage
- Trust in each other and display integrity in everything we do
- Nimble and agile in our work, but without short cuts
- Excellence in the products we deliver and people we hire
- Real world impact – we aim to positively impact healthcare globally by executing every day on our mission of accelerating digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonus plan
- Equity in the company
- Full range of medical, dental, vision benefits
- Supplemental maternity/paternity time off policy
- 401K match
- Life insurance/AD&D/STD/LTD
- Unaccrued paid time off (US)
- Paid Monthly Mental Health Days Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.
Something looks off?