Senior Technical Program Manager
We are looking for an engaging Senior Technical Project Manager to expand our current Engineering Program Management Office (PMO). You will use Brightcove best practices and agile principles to manage a portion of the Product & Engineering roadmap through various stages of the development lifecycle. As a senior level Project Manager you are comfortable and have demonstrated the capability of managing multiple internal projects of varying complexity with geographically dispersed teams.
- Partner and collaborate with multiple software teams in executing projects that will create products and applications with a sense of urgency and high quality.
- Manage data hygiene, team capacity, metrics related to performance and continued improvement.
- Work closely with the development team to energize them and keep deliverables on track and provide structured software development lifecycle guidance for them to follow.
- Partner with several Product Managers on development of their roadmaps and the implications for the development teams.
- Risk assessment, tracking and mitigation planning, regularly reporting status and escalations to ensure no surprises.
- Coaching and mentoring of team where appropriate.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Positive enforcement of the Engineering PMO’s Delivery Best Practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, technology management, business management or similar required.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably in software development within a SaaS Software tech environment.
- Must have critical skills: communication skills, leadership, coaching skills to mentor the team; ability to motivate and influence others without direct authority.
- Experience in product development planning.
- Ability to collaborate with software and IT engineers as well as management, creating artifacts specific to each audience.
- Experience in software product engineering, deployment and integration.
- Demonstrated experience in escalation and risk management.
- Experience with standard office applications (ie, Microsoft Office, Google Suite).
- Experience with Atlassian products: Jira and Confluence.
- Positive attitude and high collaborator with a passion for relationships building, creative thinking and problem solving, and making an impact.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our vibrant Guadalajara office located right in front of Andares shopping mall where employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens, company events and social activities as well as an inspiring work environment. We are focused on creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and providing an empowering space for open communication. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.