Technical Support Representative - Intern
Brightcove is looking for a Customer Support Representative Intern or Co-op to join our Support Team! We are looking for an exceptional person to experience the excitement and growth in our very dynamic and fast-paced Customer Support Organization. The right candidate is a highly motivated person who has a solid technical background, specifically in web-based technologies. We are looking for someone who loves to find that needle in the haystack as much as they like communicating that find.
To learn more about the experience, and see how past Co-ops enjoyed their time please click here: https://bcove.video/2viYgZt
- Troubleshoot online video issues: Research issues, replicate technical problems, and communicate directly with customers to provide outstanding customer support via emails, phone, live chat, and email.
- Escalate to the corresponding engineering teams, account manager team, third party, and partners.
- Assist in creating and updating internal documentation for the Support Team.
- Support team’s Technical Experience Manager on tool management and other ad-hoc projects.
- In pursuit of a college degree
- Experience in a Customer Service organization or call center is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven analytical /problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Very people-oriented
- Ability to multitask or prioritize tasks
Technical knowledge (not necessary but would be a plus)
- Exposure to online video technologies
- Exposure to video encoding applications.
- Knowledge of Internet Networking processes
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!