Brightcove manages and distributes over a hundred million videos and adds hundreds of thousands to that catalog every day. That’s no surprise given the explosive growth of online video but managing that content presents a huge challenge for our clients. To help solve this problem, we're looking for a developer to help us grow our Studio team.
The Studio is a set of web-based productivity applications to upload and manage video for Brightcove publishers. Our team consists of a wide range of technical skills across the stack from a front-end UX focus to deep into server-side and operations.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Oversee technical aspects of large enterprise level projects.
- Deploy solutions independently and provide technical recommendations to the team.
- Organize and collaborate across teams in Brightcove to scope and deliver new functionality.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Adopt a team player approach by doing what needs to be done, cheering each other on, and celebrating success.
- 3+ years developing containerized, self-scaling backend infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience working with NodeJS, Express, & Mongo.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Experience in developing and deploying scalable web-based applications leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Strong interest in working on a product for which UI (and overall user experience) is a big component and focus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, product/program managers, and engineering leadership.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our vibrant Guadalajara office located right in front of Andares shopping mall where employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens, company events and social activities as well as an inspiring work environment. We are focused on creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and providing an empowering space for open communication. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email .