Associate NOC Support Engineer
We are looking for an exceptional person to experience the excitement and growth in our very dynamic and fast-paced Customer Support Organization. The right candidate is a highly motivated person who has a solid technical background, specifically in web-based and video technologies. We are looking for someone who is passionate about video live streaming and ready to help our customers by providing the best recommendations and aid during important events.
- Live video monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Researching issues, replicating technical problems, and communicating directly with customers to provide outstanding customer support via phone, live chat and email.
- Analyze technical trends and recommend product and documentation enhancements, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions.
- This is a global team, so this role will be interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Singapore and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree (CS degree preferred but not required).
- 1-2+ years of work experience in a customer-facing position
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Exposure to online technical problem solving and triage.
- Proven analytical / problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail-oriented, and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of PC-based (Mac OS is a plus) applications.
- Basic understanding of network applications, including internet technologies such as browser compatibility, firewalls & proxy servers.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with online video and rich media.
- Exposure to video encoding applications.
- Knowledge of live online video production concepts, including encoding, packaging, CDN, Ingestion/delivery protocols.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston, this role is designated to be located in our Chennai office, located at WorkEZ Centre OMR. Working at Brightcove affords you unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. We recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated individuals, create an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**